One of our favorite treats to have around the house for holidays is this chex mix! Change the ingredients, the color of the M&M’s and then call it what you want! For Easter we call it Bunny Bait!
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. The larger the bowl, the easier it is to mix and get the white chocolate mixed thoroughly.
- Melt white chocolate. Sometimes we use white chocolate chips and sometimes we use the bakers chocolate, they both work great. Add 2-3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil to the chocolate to help thin it out. Heat in microwave, stirring every few seconds so it doesn’t harden. As soon as the consistency is smooth, immediately pour over your mix in bowl and stir.
- Lay out cookie sheets. You can line them with foil or parchment paper for an easier clean up. Pour the mix on to the pans and let the white chocolate harden.
- Break apart and then package up (large ziplocs or tupperware)!
- 1 10 oz package of Pretzels
- 5 Cups of Cheerios (plain)
- 5 Cups of Corn Chex
- 2 (12 oz0 Packages of Easter M&M’s
- 2 (12 oz _Packages of White Chocolate Chips
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- EXTRA: Peanuts, Captain Crunch, Cereal popcorn, cadbury eggs, Easter sprinkles, Peanut M&M’s, Lucky Charms Cereal…the options are endless!
The best part about this recipe is you can’t mess it up! You can do any variation of the ingredients and you can adjust the chocolate to your liking. This recipe makes a lot and is the perfect treat to take to a party or drop off to friends!